Lewisham Council developed a Business Growth Strategy to cover the 10 year period 2013-2023, the fieldwork evidence and consultation of which was undertaken in 2012.
As part of a mid-term review of this 10 year strategy, Lewisham Council and its partner business support providers, (including the South East London Chamber of Commerce) are keen to hear what local businesses’ current and future support and development needs are.
- The pressure on business and workspace accommodation from residential use developments,
- the increasing presence of ‘online’ and ‘e-commerce’ and related broadband and ‘Wi-Fi’ infrastructure required alongside
- The substantial increase in the number of Lewisham businesses registered at Companies House (up from 6,105 in 2011 to 9,980 an increase of circa 63%)
- Marketing support
- Breaking into new markets,
- Access to finance
- Costs of business workspace
Therefore, in order to ensure that the business support offer is based on your needs we are urging businesses to complete the survey so that Lewisham’s Business Support Providers (BSP) have an evidence based offer to assist your business grow sustainably in the next few year.
The survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete and we would very much welcome your input (warts and all) so ensure that business support services in Lewisham in the next 5 year are fit for purpose and based on the evidence provided by what you, as local businesses say you need support with.
The Mayor has also launched a consultation exercise for his London Economic Development Strategy it would be great if we can input into that from the evidence and comments that you have submitted.