Have Your Say On The Proposals To Sell Land On Three Estates
We want to sell four small pieces of land on three estates to provide low cost homes that will help lower income first time buyers get on the housing ladder.
The sale will generate money for the Council which we will split between improvements to your estate and helping to fund our plans to build 750 more council homes across the borough.
We propose to sell these pieces of land to a developer called Pocket Living, who build homes for those with below average incomes, like nurses and teachers. They keep the homes permanently low cost by limiting the price that homes can be resold for.
If the proposed sale goes ahead, we have committed to:
- spending at least £150,000 of the receipt on improvements to each of the three estates affected by the proposals – this could be more depending on the final deal
- use the rest of the money from the sale to help fund Greenwich’s plans to build 750 new council homes.
Pocket Living could build up to 151 homes across the four sites.
The parcels identified for this sale currently consistent of underused car parking garages/spaces on:
- The Heights Estate (approximately 45 homes)
- Kidbrooke Park Estate (approximately 46 homes)
- Orchard Estate (approximately 60 homes).
Why we are consulting
Before we take the final decision as to whether to sell this land, we want to hear your views about the proposed sale and develop these ideas with you. At this stage, we would like your views on several aspects of these proposals. We want to know:
- what you think of the proposals and hear how you think we could improve them
- your ideas about how to improve access to housing in the borough
- your ideas for improving your estate.
We will also be speaking with people who live on the estates, and those in surrounding areas that may be affected by the development.
How to get involved
The formal council consultation will run from Monday 26 November 2018 and last six weeks. Residents will receive a letter from our team and a questionnaire will be hosted on this webpage during these dates.
To ensure that residents are informed of the proposals in advance of the consultation we are hosting a drop-in on each of the three estates. There will be two drop-ins for each of the three estates on:
- Monday 19 November, 1pm to 3pm
- Tuesday 20 November, 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
St James C of E Church Hall,
62 Kidbrooke Park,
London SE3 0DU
- Monday 19 November, 6.30pm to 8.30pm
- Tuesday 20 November, 10am to 12pm.
Holy Trinity Church,
Deptford SE13 7RF
- Tuesday 20 November, 6pm to 8pm
- Thursday 22 November, 10am to 12pm.
Charlton SE7 8RE
If you are unable to attend one of these drop-ins but would like further information in advance of the consultation, please contact email@example.com.