As a member you're well connected. Access our range of benefits and services, including our directory of local member businesses.
You are here
New Cycle Superhighway: Your Views Wanted
Transport for London (TfL) is asking for views on a proposal for a cycle superhighway that will pass though and transform roads in Deptford.
What is Cycle Superhighway 4?
To encourage more Londoners to walk, cycle and use public transport, Cycle Superhighway 4 (CS4) will provide:
- an uninterrupted, separate cycle route between Tower Bridge and Greenwich
- new pedestrian crossings
- better public spaces
Summary of the proposals
TfL is proposing changes for Deptford including:
- a new two-way segregated cycle track on Evelyn Street and Creek Road
new signal-controlled pedestrian crossings at Gosterwood and Deptford Church Street
- upgrades to existing pedestrian crossings including six-metre-wide toucan crossing outside Deptford Park Primary School
- a mini-roundabout which will replace a traffic lights at Oxestalls Road
- wider footways and changes to Deptford High Street such as, trees and better pavements, to improve the overall environment
- getting rid of the right turn on to Evelyn Street from Watergate Street and Deptford High Street and the right turn in to Deptford High Street from Evelyn Street
- changes to some bus stop locations and layouts and bus stop bypasses for cyclists
- replacing single yellow lines with double yellow lines along Evelyn Street and Creek Road.
See the proposals
You can see the proposals, speak to the project team and ask questions at public exhibitions at Deptford Lounge on:
- Thursday 5 October, 3–7pm
- Saturday 14 October, 11am–3pm
Download the map
Give your views
The consultation will run until Sunday 12 November. TfL will publish its response in early 2018.