As a member you're well connected. Access our range of benefits and services, including our directory of local member businesses.
You are here
Working for Carers activity calendar South and Central London
The Working for Carers project supports unpaid carers to return to work. The programme is available to carers in London who are aged 25 or over, who have the right to work in the UK and are not in employment.
The project is led by Carers Trust and delivered by its network of 24 partners across London, and is jointly funded by the Big Lottery Fund and European Social Fund.
Carers Lewisham is the Hub organisation coordinating the Working for Carers activity across Bexley, Bromley, Croydon, City, Islington, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark. Details of planned activities in the coming few months can be found below:
Working for Carers Activity
Workshop: Get to know your rights (What is the Care Act, Carers’ rights, Basics of Employment Law)
Bromley Carers – Orpington Kent
21 July 2017
Alison Baker, Carers Support Bexley
Working for Carers Introduction event
Working for Carers staff
Introduction event to be followed by weekly Workshops in Islington – Dates and Venue TBC:
- Plan your journey to employment - Identify your skills and boost your confidence
- Breaking barriers to employment - How to overcome your barriers
- Getting ready for employment - Best practice for succeeding and getting the role
- Get to know your rights - Employment and carers rights
- Benefits and employment - What happens with your benefits?
For further information on these workshops or those in the future, please contact the Working for Carers Team via: Tel: 020 8699 8686 or