As a member you're well connected. Access our range of benefits and services, including our directory of local member businesses.
You are here
Masterclass: Being an Entrepreneur in the Digital Age
London is now one of the major world centres for tech startups. Whether it’s e-retailing, gaming, social media or electronic commerce, the UK has a flourishing business computing and entrepreneurial community.
Goldsmith University are hosting 4-hour masterclass, where you will be introduced to the key activities and processes you will need to develop your own new Internet start-up businesses.
• create an idea for a new mobile Internet business
• propose a brand and its values for the new business
• develop a revenue model for your new business
• perform a SWOT analysis of your new business
• design a storyboard for your new pitch
• record a video “elevator pitch” to promote your new business.
In addition you will learn about:
• the benefits of studying business computing and Entrepreneurship
• how to write personal statements and applying for university
• employment prospects for those studying business computing & entrepreneurship.
* * * * * * * * * *
Dr James Ohene-Djan is an internationally recognized innovator, designer and creator of digital products, services and businesses and has a strong strategic and technical understanding of creative approaches to implementing business solutions.
As co-founder and inventor of WinkBall Video Media, James pioneered key aspects of the use of video in social networking, reporting and mobile technologies. He is managing director of the digital businesses Bizwinks and RecoverySpaces, and has appeared numerous times in the press and on BBC1, Sky News and CNBC.
He is a senior lecturer in Business Computing at Goldsmiths, University of London, which launches the new BSc in Business Computing & Entrepreneurship in 2016.
• Book Friday 3rd July: http://tasters.gradsintocareers.co.uk/courses/details/GO969